zuccini Soup

                            Zuccini Soup




What is winter without soups! Marriage of winter and soup is made on this Earth. But soup and me were so good friends till now. And my husband loves soup very much. This was not a problem for me as his lunches used to be outside for decades. This covid 19 situation created lockdown and offices were closed and outside lunch meetings also disappeared because of Restaurants closures, so he started eating lunches at home. We used to have continental lunches and that was going on smoothly till winter started. As soon as cold days started appearing, he kept pestering me; "soup nahi banati ho"! Me and soups were not even distantly related! Though I am a vegetarian, still I cook Non-Veg, but making soup was not my cup of tea. Got tired of his daily dialogues; " soup nahi bana sakti tum, duniya bhar ki dishes banao bas yahi mat banao". So one day, I got up and decided to make Broccoli Almond Soup. It turned out so good and he was very happy. This encouraged me and now I am making soups almost every other day! Here is my Zuccini soup which is easy to make and yummilicious!

Ingredients:

  1. Zuccini- 1 large
  2. Broccoli2-3 florets (Optional)
  3. Cilantro stems and leaves-1 cup
  4. Onion-1 small
  5. Garlic-4-5 cloves
  6. Green chilies-3
  7. Coriander seeds-1/2 tsp.
  8. Black peppercorns-5-6
  9. Salt
  10. Butter-1 tbsp.
  11. Almonds-10-12
  12. Whipping cream-2 tsp.
  13. Garlic cloves-2 for sauteing broccoli
  14. Black pepper powder-1-2 tsp.

Procedure:

  • In a pot, boil Broccoli stems, leaves, sliced zuccini, onion, green chilies, 4-5 garlic cloves, black peppercorns, coriander seeds, cilantro stems and leaves.
  • Cut Broccoli florets in small pieces.
  • In a pan, add 1 tsp. butter and lightly roast sliced almonds.
  • Add rest of the butter and saute Broccoli florets.
  • Now add Broccoli into the simmering pot and cook till tender.
  • Cool and blend.
  • Heat this again and add salt and black pepper powder, serve hot with roasted almonds, cream and some Broccoli florets. 
  • Enjoy winter!




Comments

Popular Posts