desi chicken korma

            Desi Chicken Korma

Desi Chicken Korma

 


Chicken is the most favorite meat in my cooking.Everybody loves chicken, but I can not cook the same item repeatedly,I simply get bored. So my trial and error method started and kind of perfected me by now ! My son declares that my unique taste needs to be celebrated by the people and he would open a Restaurant for my signature cuisine with his retirement fund ! That's enough for now,on a serious note,you can create a totally new recipe each time with a little variation,playing with different spices and your imagination just creates wonders !
This is a very simple recipe but has a seven star taste ! Most of the time,I cook chicken with so many ingredients but this time I was a little lazy and while cooking this,I told my devar that today I'm making it very simple,no extra effort. He just smiled. The chicken though simple in making, turned out specially delish ! Here is the recipe...

Ingredients:

  1. Chicken 4 boneless thighs (Cut into big Pieces).
  2. Greek Yogurt 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp.
  3. Minced or crushed garlic cloves 3.
  4. Onions 2 .
  5. Cloves 4, green cardamom 3, cinnamon 1/2 stick, black pepper 12-13 and cumin 1/4 tsp.
  6.  Red pepper whole 1,green chillies 3-4.
  7. Salt.
  8. Corriander powder 1 tsp.
  9. Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp.
  10. chilli powder according to your heat level,I used 2 1/2 heaped tsp.
  11. Desi ghee or butter 2 tbsp.
  12. Oil 3 tbsp.
  13. Dhaniya patti (Optional).

Procedure:

  • Wash chicken and marinate it with salt,minced garlic and 1 tbsp. thick yogurt.
  • In a chopper,make a paste of onion.
  • Heat ghee and oil in a pan,add whole spices and chillies.
  • Now add onion paste and powdered spices and cover and cook till oil starts separating.
  • After approximately 15-20 minutes,add marinated chicken and cook it covered on medium heat.
  • When it looks more than half cooked and generously starts separating oil,add half cup thick yogurt and stir it,put the flame on low heat and cover and cook.
  • Cook for 15 more minutes,check if chicken is tender,turn off the heat.If chicken is still not done,cover and pressure cook it on low flame till one whistle.
  • Serve with chapatis,naan and rice.
In this chicken,water,tomatoes and ginger is not used. Only 5 whole spices are the key ingredients with ghee and thick yogurt.

Comments

Popular Posts