Namkeen Puri

                          Namkeen Puri


Namkeen puri or Ajwain wali puri is very familiar for all of us. It can be in a breakfast menu or evening snack with tea, both ways this puri is desirable. I remember my Papa often had this with his 4o'clock tea after returning from court. This or aate ka sewda were his favorite tea time snacks. With some Banarasi lal Mirch ka achar he relished this nashta and it was also filling after 10-4 work day. He did not take his lunch box in the court, just used to have his early lunch by 9:30 AM and off to court.

In my childhood, I never liked these 2 items...but after marriage I started eating those as I was myself preparing these items. Only thing different is that for me,some sabzi with these puris is a must as I don't like to have them with pickles only. This time I served these with Kala chana (not in the frame.)

Ingredients:

  1. Wheat flour-1 cup
  2. Oil for Moyan-1 tbsp.
  3. Salt-1 tsp.
  4. Kalonji-1 tsp.
  5. Ajwain-1 tsp. (Mom used just one of these, but sometimes I use both together.)
  6. Degi mirch-1 tsp. (For color,it's optional)

Procedure: 

  • Mix all the dry ingredients in aata and add oil, crumble it with palm.
  • Now knead a tight dough.
  • Roll out puris and fry till those get a nice color from one side.
  • Serve with chana, matar ghughni or any dry vegetable or just pickle.  

Comments

Popular Posts