Khade Masale ki Gobhi-Aalu ki Rasedar or Shorbedar Sabzi



Khade Masale ki Gobhi-Aalu ki Rasedar Sabzi


Rasedar Gobhi aalu ki sabzi is a popular winter vegetable of Eastern U,P, But I have noticed that in the western part of U.P. and India, cauliflower is made mostly dry roast with masala. Some of my Delhite friends were quite surprised that this cauliflower can also be made in gravy!

Khade masale ki subzi is quite rustic and needs no fancy ingredients or extra efforts but delivers unprecedented results. I have prepared it so many times in my home and also at my relatives's and each and every time people asked for the recipe .

Once, I was visiting my Bua's place and helped her preparing some dishes...that day she was going to make gobhi-aalu. I offered to make the the subzi and she agreed. Quickly I prepared this dish and left and later she was visited by her sis-in-law and family. Both my bua and her sis-in-law were excellent cooks but to my delight, her visitors greatly admired the subzi and my bua proudly told that it was prepared by me; they said that it was one of the tastiest gobhi aalu they ever had! Here I must mention that I was myself very fond of my bua's nand's gobhi aalu, it was the yummiest gravy subzi which I still remember,,,,

Here in this recipe, you just grate or use chopper to roughly process onion- garlic and tomato and use a lot of coriander leaves with their stems while bhunoing masala and this imparts great flavor plus use of few whole spices.

Ingredients:

  1. Cauliflower-3 florets
  2. Potato- 1 small
  3. Onion-2 medium
  4. Garlic cloves-2
  5. Tomato-1/2 (grated)
  6. Whole spices- Bay leaf-1, Black Cardamom-1, Cloves-2, Mace-2-3 thin strips, cinnamon-1/2" stick, Black pepper-3)
  7. Coriander leaves and stem-1/4 cup
  8. Oil-3 tbsp,
  9. Salt
  10. Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp.
  11. Red chilli powder-1 tsp,
  12. Coriander powder-1 tsp.
  13. Degi Mirch powder-1 tsp.
  14. Water for gravy-1/2 cup or as required

Procedure:

  • Wash and cut potato and cauliflower in cubes.
  • Prep onion- garlic by either grating or roughly chopping .
  • Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a pan and saute gobhi aalu till a nice light brown color spots are visible.
  • Keep aside,
  • Heat remaining oil in a vessel and throw whole spices.
  • Stir for a sec and add half sliced onion in tadka.
  • When light pink, add grated/chopped masala and powdered masala plus salt.
  • Also add chopped green coriander,
  • Bhuno till oil comes on the surface.
  • Now add aalu gobhi and stir for few seconds.
  • Add water and cover and cook untill done. Enjoy with chapatis and rice.



Comments

Popular Posts