Lavender Colored Rice

                                    Lavender Colored Rice

 I love colors, give me some, I'll scream for more. After experimenting with my colorful Shrimp Samosa, I colored my rice Baingni, a perfect match for Baghare Baingan! A very easy and simple recipe, so why wait, let's start!

Ingredients:

  1. Rice-1 cup
  2. Ghee-1 tsp.
  3. Red Cabbage-1.5 cup (Finely chopped or shredded)

 

Procedure:

  • In a vessel,put shredded cabbage and about 1.5 cup of water.
  • Boil this.
  • Separate the colored water you get from this, save cabbage for other dishes like Kofta,Pulao.
  • Now , in a cooker, heat 1 tsp. ghee, add rice and 1 cup colored water. Rice should be soaked for at least 30 minutes.
  • Turn off the flame after 1 whistle.
  • Depressurize and serve hot.
  • I served it with Dal fry and Baghare Baingan.

 

Comments

Popular Posts