Potato Pattice

Potato Pattice 


Bistro style puff pastry Pattice is so easy to fix and so delish 😋. 



Back in the day, when I was in high school, aalu pattice was my favorite savory item from the bakery. In rainy days, going to watch movie and while returning, fresh hot potato pattice with cold drink was my favorite pastime!

Making pattice has become so easy with the help of puff pastry sheets now. The fun is in making the stuffing to match the taste of that good old bakery! My stuffing is almost like that of my favorite place's, thanks to this roasted Garam Masala: the link of which I'll share below.

Method:

Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and finely cut onion.
When light brown, add 2 medium sized boiled and roughly mashed potatoes.
Add roasted garam masala 1/2 tsp. Red chilli powder, salt and 1/2 tsp. Turmeric powder. 
Also add frozen peas 2 tsp.
Cook till green peas are a little tender, cool.
With the help of rolling pin, slightly make a rectangle of pastry sheet, fill aalu and fold.
Brush milk on surface and bake on 385 F. Till done.
Serve with ketchup. 







Comments

Popular Posts