Windmill Mathri

                       Windmill Mathri


Mathri and tea: anyone wants to join me? Mathri with tea is made in heaven combo for we Indians! I'm not a tea person but whenever I drink it, I like a milder tea and Bagh Bakri tea bags are my favorite! Husband would never like to have this kind of tea, he loves strong black tea but occasionally I make this tea for myself.

Mathri is an age-old snack that is essentially a traditional Rajasthani food but is poplar all over India, especially the northern part. It is a crispy, flaky biscuit made of flour, water and spices like carom seeds and black peppercorn. Mathri is one of the most versatile foods that can be had with chutney or pickle. It works best with a hot cup of tea in the evening.

In my childhood days, I remember mathri, namakpara, shakkarpara or khurma were those snacks that would definitely be served with tea to all the guests. In those time also, there were so many variations of these snacks and everyone loved to eat that.








Windmill mathri for Diwali is a show stopper.  Hot mathri just out from kadai after oil bath is phenomenal 👌 and when you have it with homemade spicy Mango pickle and chai...it's a bliss!

Here is a pictorial how I shaped it, after making this shape, stick a black pepper slightly dipped in flour paste in the center. 





Fry on medium low flame till crisp.


To get a crispy texture of your Mathri, add semolina with all purpose flour in 3:1 ratio. 

Below is the recipe link of my crispy round matharis in case you are interested.

Comments

Popular Posts