Special Roasted Masala

                       Special Roasted Masala


 
There are hundreds of spice mixes in this whole world which make your food extra ordinary. Each household has its own secret spice mix and when it is used in a particular dish, it makes a common  dish pretty uncommon!

This roasted masala is also very special and I use it sparingly, but whatever dish I cook with this masala, the dish becomes extra-ordinary!Some of my dishes in which I use this special roasted masala are----Egg Curry, Butter Chicken, Potato Pattice and Cabbage-Matar.

This spice mix I learnt long time back from my friend Poonam Purohit. In her party, she made several dishes and her aalu pattice and cabbage-matar were very tasty but the spices were so unique that I was tempted to ask her thow she made it. She said nothing special and told me the procedure. Nothing was extra special in the procedure; on the other hand it was very ordinary! Then I asked her the recipe of her roasted masala and she willingly told me that. In this masala, there was very uncommon spice and that was Ajawain! I promptly noted that down in my recipe book and started cooking some dishes and those dishes turned out extra-ordinary! Simple cabbage matar, baghar of cumin and hing, spices turmeric, red chili powder and roasted masala and amchur powder....verdict unbelievable!! I always cook her style of cabbage with dal makhani and it has become an awesome combo! Point should be noted that cabbage is among those few vegetables that I do not like!

                                                           Spice


 

  1. Cumin-2 tsp.
  2. Coriabder-1 tsp.
  3. Black Pepper-1 tsp.
  4. Black Cardamom-4-5
  5. Whole red chili-4-5
  6. Cinnamon Stick-1"
  7. Cloves-6
  8. Ajwain-3 heaped tsp.
On medium flame, dry roast all the spices except ajwain on a tawa or girdle and when you see the color of cumin gets darker(It will take approx. 4-5 minutes), add ajwain, stir for a moment and turn off the flame.
Cool and grind in a coffee grinder or mixer. 

 Note: I make this in smaller quantity as I sparingly use it.

Comments

Popular Posts