Stuffed Mushroom

                                      Stuffed Mushroom

 

 

  Stuffed Mushrooms are lip smacking finger food or appetizer. Serve them in any party or cocktail, they will be gone in a snap! Mushrooms make routine appearances in my kitchen and I prepare  so many varieties of them that I myself forget what I cooked! My husband is crazy about mushrooms and therefore I am constantly in search of unique mushroom recipes. But this classic and easy appetizer recipe is with me for last 21 years and it never fails in appeasing my hubby as well as my guests!

I have made this with Button Mushrooms, it can be made with Crimini Mushrooms too. All types of edible mushrooms contain varying degrees of protein and fiber. They also contain B vitamins as well as a powerful antioxidant called selenium, which helps to support the immune system and prevent damage to cells and tissues. In particular, white button mushrooms are one of the few non-animal sources of vitamin D. When they are grown, whether indoor or outdoor, they are exposed to UV light which increases their concentration of vitamin D.

Ingredients:

  1. Mushroom-8 oz.
  2. Onion- 1/2 (Finely chopped)
  3. Garlic cloves-4-5 (Minced or grated)
  4. Butter-1 tsp. 
  5. Black pepper crushed-1 tsp.
  6. Chilli flakes-1/2 tsp.
  7. Italian seasoning-1 tsp.
  8. Parsley or cilantro- 1 tsp. chopped
  9. Salt-1/2 tsp.
  10. Grated cheese-2 tbsp. ( I used Mexican) You can use parmesan  or cheddar

 

Procedure:

  • Clean mushrooms with wet paper towel and take out the stem.
  • Chop the stem finely.
  • Heat a pan and add butter and minced garlic and onion at the same time.
  • Saute till raw smell of garlic is gone.( It will take about 1 minute for this quantity.)
  • No need to make it light brown.
  • Add chopped stems and all the spices, salt plus a little chopped parsley or cilantro.
  • Stir and cook till water dries out of the stem and it is a little browned.
  • Cool and fill in the mushroom cavity.
  • Pre-heat oven on 350  degree Fahrenheit or 120 degree celsius .
  • Grease a baking dish and arrange the stuffed mushrooms.
  • Bake for about 1 hour or til the mushrooms stop oozing water and become crisp.
  • On my setting, it took around one and half hour for the cheese to melt and then I turned off the oven and let them in for another 15 minutes.
  • Serve hot. 

Comments

Popular Posts