U.P. Style Chura-Matar

    U.P. Style Chura- Matar



Chura-Matar is not a snack but emotion for some people of Eastern U.P. and Bihar. It is one of some frequently repeated tea time snack of winter. 
Talking about myself,  I was never fond of this dish,  in fact I would not touch this dish no matter what! My favorite was and stil is matar ki ghughni. But recently,  as I'm aging, I have started preparing chura matar and to my surprise, sometimes I have cravings for it too! 
Here is how I cook it..

Ingredients:

1. Thick poha-1 cup 
2. Green peas- 1 cup(I use frozen)
3. Garlic Cloves-3 chopped
4. Onion small-1 finely chopped 
5. Meat masala-1/2 tsp. Or any masala of your choice like kitchen king or garam masala powder 
6. Red chilli powder-1 tsp.
7. Turmeric powder-1 tsp.
8. Salt to taste
9. Refined oil-1tbsp.
10. Lemon and cilantro leaves (optional)

Method:

*Wash and keep aside poha.
*Heat oil in a pan or kadai, add chopped garlic.
* Whwn pink, add onion and saute till translucent. 
*Add powder spices and frozen peas, salt and cover till cooked.
*Now add poha and stir lightly. 
*Cover again and after 3 minutes, turn off the flame.
* Garnish with cilantro leaves and lemon, serve with tea.
   ENJOY!




Comments

Popular Posts