Orange Eggless cake

                     Orange Eggless Cake




Orange cake is delicious and aromatic and easy to bake too! And this version is eggless which I learnt from my friend Deepika. I do not bake a lot here in U. S. as I think you can order best quality cakes on each occasion. Nobody in my family eats desserts regularly except me, so to save me from being fatter and fatter, I choose not to bake at least!
But what if sometimes you want to have a warm eggless cake, you must bake it yourself! This cake is made by using age old cut and fold method and turns out soft, moist, aromatic and delicious!

Ingredients:

1- Flour1 cup
2- Fresh orange juice 1/2 cup
3- Sugar-1/2 cup
4- Yogurt 1/2 cup at room temperature
5- Melted butter or vegetable oil 1/4 cup
6- Baking powder 1 tsp.
7- Baking soda 1/2 tsp.
8- Orange zest-1 tsp.
9- Orange extract-1 tsp. (optional) you can use vanilla too
10- Orange gel color a lil

Method:

*Take a mixing bowl and add sugar and yogurt, orange zest, orange juice and melted butter or oil whichever you are using.
*beat this well with the help of electric blender or hand, not vigorously but lightly just to dissolve sugar.
*Add 1 cup sifted maida, baking powder and baking soda and mix it by hand using cut and fold method.
*Add orange extract and color to enhance the flavor and color.
*Grease the cake tin and dust with flour, pour the batter and bake in oven at 180 degree C or 375 degree F  for approx. 40 minutes.
*When done, cool a little and serve as such or dust with colored sugar or cocoa powder.
     I served it as such to enjoy the original orangish taste.


Comments

Popular Posts