- 2-3 large onions (for pakauri)
- 1 onion & 2 cloves of garlic (for masala)
- 1 tsp. garam masala powder
- 2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. corriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder 2-3 tsp. or according to your heat level
- Oil for frying
- Yogurt 2 cupWater 1/2 cup
- Soaked kala chana or fresh green peas 1/2 cup
- Besan 1/4 cup for pakauri.
- First make a paste of 1 onion and 2 cloves of garlic.
- Cut rest of the onions in thin slices and mix besan,turmeric powder 1 tsp.,chilli powder 1 tsp.,salt and water to make a batter for pakauri.
- heat oil in a pan and when it's hot,fry pakauris in batches.
- In a pressure cookes,heat 2 tbsp. of oil and fry the onion garlic paste with all the dry spices and when starts separating oil,add kala chana or green peas and stir fot about 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 cup water and close the lid and cook till one whistle.
- Blend the yogurt with a wisk or mathani,add 1/4 cup of water,a little salt and when cooked ghughni of chana or matar is cold,add into the yogurt,add pakauris too, mix and serve with steamed rice and plain dal.