Amle ka anchaar

                               AMLE KA ANCHAAR

                                  (GOOSEBERRY PICKLE)

 

Amla is good for health,rich in iron and has so many qualities that make it outstanding.One amla a day increases the hemoglobin and brings back to normal level just after one month ! The nutrient value does not decrease even after cooking. My mother used to make this pickle and it was very popular,the hint of garlic gives it extra edge. Amla is not  available in U.S. so I was missing it since I left India. This month I saw amla in frozen section and thought to give it a try and believe me;it turned out as good as made of fresh amla !
Ingredients:


  • Amla 5 
  •  mustard seeds 1 tbsp.
  • Red chilli powder 2 tbsp.
  • Turmeric powder 1 tsp.
  • Kalonji (onion seeds) 1 tsp.
  • Salt.
  • Mustard oil 3 tbsp.
  • Garlic cloves 5-6
  • Green pepper 6-7
  • Water 1/2 cup.
Method :

  • Boil amla in pressure cooker.I was using frozen amla so I cooked it till 2 whistles.
  • Grind mustard seeds in the grinder,then add garlic-green pepper with some water and blend.
  • Open amla by slightly piercing a fork but let it retain it's round shape.
  • Mix all the above mentioned ingredients and don't be shy of adding water.
  • Put it in sunlight for whole day and it's ready to eat.

Comments

Popular Posts