SPICY CHICKEN



This chicken has become my son's favorite these days!His favorite things change season to season so I don't know for how many days it will continue,but these days he never lets me make any other kind of chicken.I brought the drumsticks to make tandoori chicken but he said he would eat only spicy chicken.The pieces were huge and not ideal for gravy recipe but did I have any other option?Actually I made this once for my brother-in-law as it was his birthday and usually he doesn't eat anything on his birthday,observes total fast and this was the first time after his childhood that he was going to eat food.It was a long day for me,I came late from the office and was not sure that he would eat anything,so didn't make any special arrangements before hand,so I decided to make this super easy chicken,the only special effort I put was that I stormed it with a ton of red chilli powder as he loves very hot and spicy food and no-one else in the family can compete with him in eating spicy food!But surprise!This little guy loved this chicken so much that not only he had second serving,but every time he insists of making this only and I'm kind of getting bored of making the same stuff every-time!





INGREDIENTS:

  • Boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs 4(cut in pieces) or 4 drumsticks
  • 2 big onions thinly sliced
  • 1 tbsp. ginger-garlic paste
  • yogurt or curd 1/2 cup
  • Whole red chill 3
  • Bay leaf 1,whole black cardamom 3,cinnamon stick 1"
  • Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp.,red chilli powder 6 tsp(blazing hot, you can adjust this according to your taste!){3 tsp. will be decent},Shaan's chicken tikka masala 2&1/2 tsp.,roasted cumin powder 1/2 tsp.,roasted corriander powder 1/2 tsp.,meat masala 1 tsp.
  • 2 serving spoon oil,salt according to taste,1 &1/2 cup water.
  • Tomato sauce 1/2 cu or 2 medium size tomatoes grated or blended according to your time and convenience.
  • 1 tsp. kasoori methi

PROCEDURE:


  • Wash chicken and marinate it for at least 1/2 an hour in yogurt,ginger-garlic paste,and all the powder masalas.
  • Heat oil in a vessel and add bay leaf,black cardamom and cinnamon and after a couple of seconds add thinly sliced onion.
  • Fry onions till it turns pink,add marinated chicken and salt and cover the lid and cook,I make in pressure cooker and I cook it on medium heat till it whistles once.when steam is absorbed,I open the lid.
  • On medium heat,cook it while covering and occasionally stirring for 10 minutes,add tomato sauce and cover again.
  • Here in U.S. chicken is so watery that it takes more time in bhunai.
  • When all water is dried out and oil is separating from all sides,it will take approx. 40 minutes or 30minutes depending on Mr.chicken's condition,add water and let it come to a boil.
  • Turn off the heat and add kasoori methi,serve hot with nan or chapatis and rice.


Comments

Popular Posts