CAULIFLOWER PARANTHA(GOBHI KA PARANTHA)

                Cauliflower Paratha (Gobhi Ka Paratha)

Opened a little so white cauliflower is peeking

 


This was the specialty of my mom.She used to make it for winter days breakfast in India and served it with corriander chutney and that was just heaven!I don't like this parantha with pickle or anything else,gobhi ka parantha with dhania ki hari chutney was the perfect combination.After my marriage,when I made it for the first time at my in-laws place,at first my mother-in-law was quite apprehensive as she saw no spices added to the filling,it was looking colorless and bland,but when she tasted it,she was all praise for this kind of cauliflower parantha.She used to tell everyone how the cauliflower's unique taste is intact in this and how it is enhanced by the hint of ginger and how beautiful the white cauliflower looks inside the parantha and so on! My brother-in-law also loves this and he eats a couple of more gobhi parantha than his regular intake and that speaks for itself as this is next to impossible for him to eat more than what he regularly eats.

INGREDIENTS:


Flat cut florets

Stuffing when water dried out


  • Cauliflower florets 7-8(cut lengthwise)
  • Ginger 1" piece(finely cut)
  • Hing 1 pinch
  • Salt
  • Green chilli 4(finely chopped)
  • 1 tbsp. oil
  • Wheat flour
PROCEDURE:

  • Wash and cut cauliflower lengthwise.
  • Heat oil in a pan and add hing and Ginger,saute for a couple of minutes and add cut chillies.
  • Now add cauliflower and salt and cook on high flame because in U.S. cauliflower is very watery(Indian gobhi can be cooked on medium flame).
  • Cook till all water is dried out and cauliflower is a little brown in places,make sure it is not overcooked or burnt,it should not be mashed.
  • Cool it and roll out paratha and grill it crisp.
  • Serve hot with dhania chutney.

Comments

  1. Hi Arti,

    I deleted your entry. Lovely entry though, please link again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!delicious..first time here..happy to follow you..drop on at my blog when you get time..

    www.nithubala.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nithu,
    Thanx for visiting my blog,somehow no one visits me!You & Priya are the only people who visited and now follow my blog.As far as your blog is concerned,I like it and follow you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts