ZUCCHINI & SHRIMP











I always cook shrimp this way as my son likes this particular recipe so much that he never lets me experiment any other kind of shrimp.But my restless nature got bored of cooking one particular kind of shrimp for years(since I learned cooking shrimp,I'm making only this kind!) and I dared to add zucchini into it.He was subdued this day as he didn't finish his task and I had the upper hand!Quite rare these days!O.K.,the basic recipe was the same,just addition of a green vegetable zucchini added and enhanced the flavor.This is the description I was told as I didn't taste it because of being a vegetarian.Here is the simple recipe=

INGREDIENTS:

  • Jumbo shrimp 15(I used frozen one)
  • Zucchini 1
  • 2 medium size onions(finely chopped)
  • 1 tsp. ginger-garlic paste
  • 1/2 cup tomato sauce or paste
  • Black peppercorns 2 tbsp.
  • Thai pepper or green chillies 8(I prefer red color chillies)
  • Roasted cumin powder 1 tsp.
  • Crushed pepper(pizza pepper) 1/2 tsp.
  • Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp.
  • 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
  • salt and 1/2 cup water(if needed)
  • Lemom juice 2 tbsp.
  • white vinegar 1 tbsp.

PROCEDURE:

  • Thaw the shrimp and then peel off the shell.
  • Clean it and marinate in lemon juice,vinegar,crushed red pepper,roasted cumin powder,salt and half of the black pepper powder.
  • Leave this for 10 minutes.
  • In a pan,heat oil and fry onions till light pink,add ginger-garlic paste and saute for a couple of minutes.
  • Add thai pepper cut into 2 parts and cubed Zucchini(don't peel the skin off)
  • On high flame stir this for approx. 5-6 minutes and then add tomato sauce and rest of the black pepper powder and garam-masala.
  • Cook this for 5-6 minutes,then add marinated shrimp and stir on medium flame for 5 minutes.
  • It leaves water and then there is no need to add water,but sometimes shrimp does not leaves water,in that case add the water and cook till it is done.Shrimp does not take much time to cook,approx.5-6 minutes frozen shrimp cooking time.
  • Enjoy with chapatis and rice!

Comments

Popular Posts